1. The subject matter insured is the property and related interests outside the People’s Republic of China;
2. The subject matter insured is the property and related interests that move between the territory of the People’s Republic of China and the territory of the People’s Republic of China;
3. The subject matter insured or the risk insured is liability insurance, credit guarantee insurance and any other insurance with property or interest as the subject matter insured, which exists or occurs in whole or in part outside the People’s Republic of China;
4. The subject matter of the insurance is the property and related interests of the overseas applicant or the overseas insured;
5. Other circumstances stipulated by laws and regulations.
Foreign exchange property insurance, also known as forbidden insurance, is the basic risk insured by investment insurance institutions in the overseas investment insurance system.
It mainly refers to the risk that the investor’s principal, profits and other legitimate and lawful earnings cannot be freely converted into foreign currencies and repatriated to the country if the investment host country is unable to conduct foreign exchange transactions due to foreign exchange shortage, restriction or cessation, or war or other accidents.